Science Days Popular Science Festivals
The Science Days Festival is a unique initiative of the Dynasty Foundation oriented toward supporting and popularizing science.
The goal of this project is to awaken interest in scientific knowledge, discoveries, and achievements for people of different ages and professions and also to involve young people in science.
Coming soonTo be announced
In the more than seven years of its existence, the project has been presented in different parts of the country from the Baltic Sea to the Far East: in Kaliningrad, Saint Petersburg, Krasnodar, Cheboksary, Ekaterinburg, Tomsk, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Angarsk, Severodvinsk, Khabarovsk, Vladivostok, Petrozavodsk, Yakutia, Saratov Oblast, Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug, and also at the All-Russian Children's Centers Orlyonok and Okean.
The interesting lecture themes, the outstanding scientists who answer questions, and the understandable presentation of the material—all this attracts people of different ages and professions to the events of the popular science festival in a format that is rare these days.
Since the beginning of the project, more than sixty thousand people have visited the events of Science Days Festivals.
Past Science Days
April 21 — 26, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Elizovo
October 24–27, Cheboksary
April 21–23, Saint Petersburg
April 3–6, Irkutsk/Angarsk
November 23–26, Kaliningrad
May 14–16, Saint Petersburg
March 16–18, Krasnoyarsk
December 10–11, Tomsk
November 24–27, Saint Petersburg
November 13, Ekaterinburg
Science Days Festivals include
the following events:
- The festival opening (acquainting with the activity of the Foundation and its programs) which includes a charity action (donating books published by the Dynasty Foundation and its partners to orphanages, schools, colleges, and libraries)
- A round table with scientists, experts, journalists, and representatives of governmental and other organizations that are interested in science popularization
- Popular science lectures for a wide audience: fascinating reports of scientists present interesting facts and the latest scientific achievements in the area of the sciences and humanities
- Popular science lectures for young people with the use of interactive methods
- Popular Science Theater performances
- Master classes and workshops for teachers of physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology informing teachers about new methods and forms of teaching the subjects of the science curriculum in secondary schools
- Showings of popular science films.
Beginning 2013, the Dynasty Foundation is holding a competition for supporting Popular Science Festivals in Russian regions.
Outstanding Russian and foreign scientists—science popularizers—will tell the audience about new scientific discoveries.
Unique master classes await physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology teachers.