Science project competition in the area of computer science
This project was completed in 2013
The science project competition in the area of computer science is conducted by the Dynasty Foundation with financial support from the Yandex Company founders and support from the Modern Natural Science Foundation.
The goal of the competition is to support scientific activity in the area of computer science.
1. Citizens of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries (candidates or doctors of science working at Russian scientific organizations or institutions of higher education) conducting scientific activity in different areas of computer science are eligible to participate.
2. The projects must be performed from 1 May 2013 to 30 April 2014.
3. The scientific activity of the projects must be performed by research groups that include a head of the group (competition participant) and at least two graduate students and/or young scientists less than 35 years old as of the date of finishing research activities covered by the grant.
4. Competition projects must be in one or more of the following areas:
- Computer vision (pattern recognition)
- Algorithms, optimization methods, theoretical computer science
- Machine learning (self-teaching systems), data mining
- Information retrieval/data management/human-computer interaction
- Computational linguistics
- Logical foundations of programming and information processing
- Theory of error-correcting codes and cryptography
5. The most important characteristics of the competition projects:
- A clear statement of the concept
- Attainability of the goals
- Verifiability of the final result
- An organizational framework for project implementation
- Transparency of information about the essence and results of the project
- Validity of the cost estimates for the project
6. After reviewing the application documents, the Expert Board will select five winners. The grant amount is 1,500,000 rubles.
Documents to be submitted for the competition:
2. Project description including its main characteristics and cost estimate indicating cofinancing of the project by other persons (in case of cofinancing)
3. Letter (photo copy) concerning partial financial support of the project by an organization other than the Dynasty Foundation (in case of such support)
4. List of scientific papers of the competition participant during the last five years in chronological order
All the documents must be submitted in electronic form. The application in Word format must be sent via electronic mail to the competition organizers.
Order and timing
- Competition participants must submit the set of documents in accordance with the abovementioned conditions by 15 March 2013.
- The evaluation results (conclusions of the Expert Board members—names not mentioned) are returned to the applicants without additional comments.
- The results will be determined and announced on the Dynasty Foundation website by 15 April 2013.
Applications should be mailed to
indicate the competition name, your last name and initials in the subject of the message.
Information about the competition
Modern Natural Science Foundation
Tel: (495) 647-6035, 647-2245, 638-4586, fax: (495) 647-2245.