Competition for Young Scientists' Participation in Conferences and Seasonal Schools in Computer Sciences
This project was completed in 2015
This competition is conducted by the Dynasty Foundation beginning 2013, with financial support from the Yandex Company founders and support from the Modern Natural Science Foundation.
The goal of the competition is to provide an opportunity to participate in seasonal schools and conferences to the best young scientists involved in computer sciences.
1. Citizens of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries below the age of 45 as of the date of the competition opening (graduate students and young scientists, studying or working at Russian colleges and scientific organizations) conducting scientific activity in different areas of computer sciences are eligible to participate.
2. During the winner selection, seasonal schools and conferences in the areas listed below will have a priority:
- Computer vision (pattern recognition)
- Algorithms, optimization methods, theoretical computer science
- Machine learning (self-teaching systems), data mining
- Information retrieval/data management/human-computer interaction
- Computational linguistics
- Logical foundations of programming and information processing
- Theory of error-correcting codes and cryptography
3. Winners will receive grants for participation in the conferences.
The grant amount will not exceed 150,000 rubles.
Altogether 30 out of 81 applications have been supported since the beginning of the competition.
December results of the competition for participation in conferences and seasonal schools in computer sciences
The experts evaluated three more applications from young scientists for the Competition for Young Scientists' Participation in Conferences and Seasonal Schools in Computer Sciences. None of these applications will be supported.