Competition for Organizing Instructional Courses at Russian Colleges
The competition is conducted by the Dynasty Foundation with financial support from the Yandex Company founders and support from the Modern Natural Science Foundation.
The goal of the competition is to increase the quality of teaching computer sciences, mathematics, and physics at Russian colleges and broaden scientific perspective and professional contacts for senior undergraduates, graduate students, and young teachers.
2014 Competition terms
1. Russian colleges (specific faculties) preparing specialists (bachelors), masters, and candidates of science in computer sciences, mathematics, and physics and inviting a visiting professor—a famous scientist or teacher—are eligible to participate. The visiting professor should not work permanently at the applying college.
2. Applications are also accepted from scientists and teachers who want to give a lecture course at any Russian college as visiting professors.
3. Projects must be carried out from 1 September 2014 through 30 June 2015.
4. The time frame of a given project is from one month to two semesters.
5. The most important aspects of the competition projects:
- Relevance and importance of the cocurricular and extracurricular courses
- Project justification and methodological elaboration of a project
- Level of the applying organization's academic teaching personnel
- Scientific level and teaching experience of the visiting professor
- Diagnosability of the final result
6. The competition closes at the final meeting of the Expert Board where winners are selected. Grant amounts for the visiting professors are determined individually and include payments of 5,000 rubles per one academic hour of classroom work (but not more than 150,000 rubles a month) and transportation expenses (if necessary). Accommodation expenses are not covered by the grant.
Applications are being accepted through 15 May 2014.